Steeple Morden PTA

We are very fortunate to have an active Parent Teacher Association (PTA), who run a number of fundraising events through the year providing extra fun and activities for the children to enrich their learning.

Steeple Morden Primary Lottery Club

 

INTRODUCING THE 2021/2022 STEEPLE MORDEN PRIMARY LOTTERY CLUB

We are delighted to invite you to join our school Lottery Club – a great way for you to help support fundraising efforts for our school as well as having a chance to win a cash prize each month!

What is the Steeple Morden Primary Lottery club?

The Steeple Morden Primary Lottery Club is a private lottery and is open to all parents, grandparents, staff and friends of Steeple Morden Primary School, aged 16 or over.

How does it work?

Your annual subscription of £12 will buy you a number for the year. The numbers are entered into a monthly draw (giving a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize), 12 draws in total (October-September). Plus 2 additional bonus draws in June and December.

40% of the membership money taken will be allocated as prize money, the other 60% will be allocated to the school PTA fund. For example, if we have 200 members, £80 will be allocated as prize money per month and the remaining £120 will help fund various school projects, enhancing the children’s experience at Steeple.

The more members we have – the higher the cash prize fund each month – and the more money we raise for our school (everybody is a winner).

The draws will take place on the last Friday of each month during school hours by Mrs How witnessed and assisted by the children. Winners will be contacted by the PTA and winnings will be paid directly into winners’ bank accounts limiting the need to exchange cash/cheques. The names of the winners will be published in The Star, on the school’s website and on the PTA Facebook page.

HOW CAN I JOIN THE CLUB?

New members - 1) Please read the club rules below 2) Complete this simple electronic application form 3) Make payment.

Existing members – You will be contacted by email with renewal instructions.

Payment can be made into the below bank account (preferable) or a cheque can be dropped in at the school office in an envelope marked “PTA School Lottery”.

Deadline: Friday 8th October 2021.

PAYEE: Steeple Morden Parent Teachers Association

SORT CODE: 20-73-26

Account: 10836524

If you have any queries, please contact candicemcgrevy@hotmail.com.

Thank you for your support and Good Luck!

 

 

STEEPLE MORDEN PRIMARY SCHOOL LOTTERY RULES 2021/2022

 

PURPOSE

The purpose of the Steeple Primary School Lottery Club is to raise funds. The money will be paid into the Steeple Morden Primary PTA bank account and used to meet funding requests from the school, providing equipment, resources and opportunities for pupils.

RULES

  1. For a cost of £1 per month, you will be allocated one number for the year.

  2. A draw will be made every month with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize with 2 additional bonus draws in June & December.

  3. 40% of the annual income will be given away as prize money. 60% will be given to the school PTA fund.

  4. This will be apportioned as: 12 x 1st prizes totalling 36%, 12 x 2nd prizes totalling 28%, 12 x 3rd prizes totalling 20% and 2 x bonus draws totalling 16%.

  5. The 100 Club is a private lottery and is open to all parents, carers, staff and friends of Steeple Morden Primary School. Anyone age 16 or over can join.

  6. A payment of £12 for each annual subscription must be made in advance by cheque or via BACS.

  7. Member’s numbers will only be entered if their subscription has been paid.

  8. If a member has no valid reason for missing a payment, their number may be sold to someone on the reserve list.

  9. The draw shall be made by the Head Teacher on the last Friday of each month.

  10. Winnings will be transferred into winners’ bank accounts within 14 days of receipt of bank details following the draw.

  11. The numbers for each month’s winners will be posted on the school website, via The Star and the PTA Facebook page.

  12. The Club will be run by the PTA. In case of any dispute the decision of the Committee is final.

  13. Unless otherwise advised, a member will be deemed to have left the Club if his/her subscription renewal remains unpaid for a period of one month.

  14. If a winner cannot be contacted, the winnings will be placed into PTA funds after six months.

 Registered Charity 1130940

Easyfundraising flyer June 2020.jpg