School Day, Homework & Meals
The School Day
- Children may arrive at school from 8.50am, when they can start ‘morning work’ set daily by their class teacher.
- School starts at 9.00am. Children arriving after this time (but before 9.05am) will be marked in the register as late.
- Registration closes at 9.05am and children arriving after this time, according to guidance from Department for Education, will be marked in the register as absent without authority
- Assembly is at 10.10am and includes a Christian act of worship.
- Morning break is from 10.30 to 10.45.
- Lunch time starts for KS1 pupils (Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 Classes) at 12 noon and at 12.15pm for KS2 (Years 3 to 6), and ends for all pupils at 1.10pm.
- There is the opportunity for KS1 children to have an afternoon break at 2.30pm if the class teacher feels it necessary.
- The school day ends at 3.10pm.
Every pupil receives homework on a regular basis, beginning with reading and sounds work in Reception Class. Details of the amount and type of work to be set for each year group will be provided by the class teacher at the beginning of the year, in the Year Ahead information.
Please support your child in the completion of these tasks by providing them with a quiet place in which to work. If you have any queries about homework tasks, please speak to the class teacher.