Useful information for your school day
What happens when I am new?
Starting at a new school is not easy. It is the sort of thing that can worry people………we do not want you to be worried so to make it easy for you, we have designed an imaginary kit bag and in the kit bag are all the things you will need……….
What do I need for school?
- Bottle of fresh WATER.
- Juniors need to bring a fresh fruit snack for break time (infants receive a piece of fruit from school).
- Your dinner money or packed lunch.
- Outdoor shoes and coat.
- Sun hat and sun cream during the summer.
- Warm hat and gloves during the winter.
- Your book bag, with reading book and completed homework.
- Your PE Kit (white T-shirt, navy shorts and trainers, plus track suit type trousers and top during the winter months).
- Swimming kit (one piece swim suit for girls; trunks and NOT baggy shorts for boys; towel and swimming hat for ALL).
- Most stationery will be provided, but lots of children like having their own things, such as pens, pencils, rubber, pencil sharpener, ruler and glue stick. If you wish to bring these to school they should be kept in a pencil case and they remain your responsibility.
Where Can I Go and What Can I Do at Playtime?
- We use the playground at the back of the school at break and lunch times.
- There is a large hard play area, where we can play skipping, ball and other fun games. The play equipment is great fun, but it is only available to pupils, who look after it and return it at the end of play.
- We have a play structure, which is used by each class following a daily rota.
- The large field is great fun for playing ball games too; we also play parachute and other fun games with the dinner ladies.
- Around the perimeter of the field is a bark path that provides opportunities for walking and running even when the field is wet.
- The school council have been involved with school staff to plan a 'trim trail' alongside the bark path and we are waiting to hear if our application for lottery funding to buy it has been approved.
- The quiet garden is currently 'out-of-bounds' as some of the paving is unsafe.We do not play on the playground at the front of school.
- Do not enter the staff room. If you need to summon a member of staff from there please knock on the door and wait.
- Never leave the school grounds without first asking permission from a member of staff, even if a parent or carer has come to take you home or to a Doctors/ Dentists appointment.