We are a Local Authority controlled school and we follow the County admissions criteria as outlined below.
Our catchment area comprises Abington Pigotts, Litlington, Odsey and Steeple Morden.
Schools are only able to admit up to their physical capacity and each year group has an admission limit to ensure the school is not overcrowded. In our case the standard intake number is thirty for each year group. Sometimes there are more requests than the number of places available. In this event places are allocated in priority order, as stated in the County admissions criteria briefly outlined below:
- Children who are looked after, have a statement of special educational need which names the school, or for whom this is the only school that can meet their long-term medical needs.
- Children living in the catchment area with a sibling at the school at the time of admission.
- Children living in the catchment area.
- Children living outside the catchment area who have a sibling at the school at the time of admission.
5. Children living outside the catchment area who have been unable to gain a place at their catchment area school because of oversubscription.
6. Children living outside the catchment area, but nearest the school as measured by a straight line.